Monday, June 16, 2008

Did you say 5k?

Since around the middle of March, I've been running around 3 times a week in the morning before work. I started because I wanted to be in shape for summer and I knew there would be at least one time this summer that I would be in swim trunks. I recently found out that Hannibal Regional Hospital hosts an annual 5 & 10k called the Hannibal Cannibal.

Saturday, I decided to run the Cannibal 5k path. I drove downtown around 8:30 and started on my trek. I knew that I was supposed to turn around shortly after I passed a cemetery on the left. However, I somehow didn't see the big arch that said "Riverview Cemetery" when I ran by it. Instead, I ended up running 10k one way! I kept thinking, "surely the cemetery is coming up" until I decided something went wrong and finally turned around after running over 6 miles.



I managed to run the whole time except a half a mile or so. Needless to say, I am still very sore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment